We are available to work with you in one-on-one or small-group private instruction sessions to study any rope-related skills or concepts you’d like. Further details and explanation below.
If you would like to schedule private lessons with us, please use the form below to get in touch.
We are generally available on Sunday afternoons, though we may be able to make arrangements for some weeknights.
Our pricing is different for one-off sessions than for continuing sessions:
- For one-off sessions, we ask $60 for a 2 hour-session.
- For ongoing sessions, we ask $20/hour when paying for 6 or more hours in advance. (This gives you a “bank” of hours that you can use over time for 1 or 2 hour sessions.)
- If the cost is prohibitive, please contact us. While we do want to value our time so that we can continue to offer instruction, we also want that instruction to be accessible to all serious students of rope. We will be happy to make other arrangement as needed.
You can share time, and the related cost, with other practice partners if you wish, with the following limitations:
- Floor Work: Limit 4 pairs (8 people max)
- Partial / Full Suspension Instruction: Limit 2 pairs (4 people max)
While this can greatly reduce the per-person cost, it does mean working on similar concepts together and moving at a similar pace. But we leave that decision to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What level of experience are private lessons appropriate / best for?
Any level, from beginner to advanced. We enjoy working with people brand new to rope as much as working with more experienced practitioners.
Do I need to bring my own rope?
Please do if you already own rope. However, we recommend that you don’t buy any new rope if you’re brand new to rope bondage and don’t have any already. We will discuss options during our first session, but you will want to get some soon after we start working together in order to practice.
Do I need a partner?
Unless you are focusing exclusively on self-tying, we recommend that you have one or more people with whom you can practice, both during and between our meetings together. Without practice between sessions, it will be difficult to advance in the skills we’ll be working on.
Can you provide references?
Yes, we’d be happy to. We encourage you to reach out to anyone who has studied with us in the past. You can typically find people at Rope Bite and other RVA Rope functions who have worked with us, or by browsing our various social media accounts. However, we are also happy to provide specific names if you’d prefer. Just send us a message.
If you have other questions, please contact us directly. Thank you!